Sunday 13 June 2010

What's round, has loads of fans, and is called football? Ugh. It's the World Cup!

Yes, folks. It is back. And it's bigger and badder.

I have nothing else to say. (Actually, I do, but I can't seem to articulate my thoughts just yet. Am just too lazy to do so this week.) Well, maybe just one thing. I have these teams vying for the ultimate prize:
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • England
  • Holland
  • Spain
Yes, I believe any one of the great nations will lift the World Cup. Call it intuition. Call it whatever you want to call it.

I'll call it wanting to recuperate my betting money!

This is Chris, kicking a Jabulani ball.

PS: USA drawing with England was a real stinker. Thank goodness I didn't wake up to watch it.

1 comment:

Maria Celina said...

I watched that match. That match was depressing.

I watched both the opener and last night's match with my BlackBerry in my hand opened to Twitter so I could get live updates from FIFA.com's Twitter account and other reactions from fellow football fans. Like the GEEK I am. I also made my own inputs.

To quote one tweet, the moment Dempsey made that goal (y'know, the one that went past "Butterfingers" Green), "England switched from beer to whisky".

On a more diplomatic note, this was an impressively passionate game. The emotions from both the figures on the field and the audiences in the stands and at home were at fever pitch in those hours. You can't beat a game that was truly played from the heart.