I had in mind a rather thought-provoking topic to write about. But since I’m an incorrigible pedant, the final draft is still a long way to go. But thankfully, Lia, has decided to drop me with a meme that I must say was really fun to do. I didn’t know that the day I was born was quite popular for sad events. Oh well. On to the meme!
This so rocks. Too bad he had an ugly moustache.
- 1945 - World War II:
- German troops in the Netherlands and Denmark capitulate to Canadian and British forces, liberating these countries from Nazi occupation.
- Prague uprising against the Nazis.
- Mauthausen concentration camp is liberated.
- Admiral Karl Dönitz orders all U-boats to cease offensive operations and return to their bases.
What can I say? It’s funny that without the war most of us wouldn’t be here today. But with the war so many lives were lost because short men with inflated egos thought they could rule the world.
3. List two important birthdays:
Without this man, metal wouldn’t have been born and we’d be stuck with disco. Forever.
4. List one death:
All you short, angry men are belong to us! (I have no idea what that means but it’s sounds kind of funny. No?)
5. List one holiday or observance:
Hooray for midwives!
I tag those who want to know more about the day they were born and to those who haven’t been tagged, Marz in particular. Enjoy!
This is Chris, signing off.PS: I, too, want to do a meme twice in a row.