Wednesday 25 April 2007

And now, on this day...

I had in mind a rather thought-provoking topic to write about. But since I’m an incorrigible pedant, the final draft is still a long way to go. But thankfully, Lia, has decided to drop me with a meme that I must say was really fun to do. I didn’t know that the day I was born was quite popular for sad events. Oh well. On to the meme!

1. Go to Wikipedia and enter your birthday without the year: May 5

2. List three events that occurred that day:

This so rocks. Too bad he had an ugly moustache.

What can I say? It’s funny that without the war most of us wouldn’t be here today. But with the war so many lives were lost because short men with inflated egos thought they could rule the world.

While I played Doom first, without this game I wouldn’t have been able to develop my mad skills in Unreal Tournament 2004!

3. List two important birthdays:

Oh my.

Without this man, metal wouldn’t have been born and we’d be stuck with disco. Forever.

4. List one death:

All you short, angry men are belong to us! (I have no idea what that means but it’s sounds kind of funny. No?)

5. List one holiday or observance:

Hooray for midwives!

I tag those who want to know more about the day they were born and to those who haven’t been tagged, Marz in particular. Enjoy!

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: I, too, want to do a meme twice in a row.

7 comments:

Lia said...

Karl Marx was born exactly three years before Napolean died.

There must be something I can make out of those facts.

Anonymous said...

I am going to post this on Facebook. I don't enjoy using my weblog as a repository for memes (unless I really really like it), but I so wanna so this one. =P In fact, I was just about to post this on my Facebook notes when my idiot connection went insane on me. Whatever, man. I'll write up the Facebook note next time.

PS. Yay for midwives, too! =D

kirana said...

bill ward rocks!

Midwives are a godsend!

And Elton John is gay!

which of the above is not true?

Syar said...

Wah, your birthday quite soon eh? What's the magic number this year?

Oh yeah, I've moved to brighthopes.wordpress.com, so please make the necessary link changes? Please and thank you.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Personally, I loved Napoleon! He's just a dude on a mission to take over all your tater tots. Flippin Sweet!

Oh, and I birthed my last three chillens with a midwife. I guess I should have mailed her something in recognition of Midwife Day. I wonder if Hallmark makes a card for that?

Chris said...

Lia: I'm sure it would come in handy when you're in one of those I'm-in-a-bar-with-idiots situations.

Marz: I will check it out as soon as you post it up.

Kirana: Midwives are a godsend is definitely true, man. I just don't know why.

Syar: Hint: Michael Jordan's old number.

PS: Wah, sudah upgrade wor. Not bad ya.

Lady Elastic: I'm aiming to be a midhusband for fathers-to-be. I'd make a killing.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I just came back to check on wittle little cutesie poopsie yoga kitty. He's so serene.