Sunday 28 September 2008

Bleeding me. And, no, it’s not the Leona Lewis song*.

Oright, my last post was written with a mind that was completely in rage and in a state of utter (I have to say that some were self-inflicted) misery. In other words, I wrote the last post with an unprecedented emo psyche. Thankfully, my mom doesn’t use any black eyeliner, or any eyeliner colour for that matter, so I didn’t look like one of them emo idiots.

The truth was stretched albeit lightly. I apologise.

I’m the kind of person that would rather crack a joke or do silly things just to liven things up. I’d rather see smiles than long faces. In short, I want people to have a good time. (I think sound like a geriatric theme park attendant trying to promote the world’s most boring ride.)

I’ve always known I had a real live one—I’m talking my temper—and as such, I’ve always tried to keep it under wraps, occasionally letting it loose when I’ve either been pushed too far or when I’m in an irritable mood.

There was this incident where my intention was just to get my meal during lunch. That’s all. But I must’ve come across as this rude and practically brutish bastard, as the person who took my order kept giving me, as we say here in Malaysia, the “one-kind” or in plain speak: ‘you pretentious bastard, I’ll give you less noodles’ look—true enough, my noodles were little.

By Friday, I was so numb from all the shit I went through, so much so that I just laughed off some things that otherwise would’ve sent me into a fury. It was either that or be a cranky S.O.B.

So I will leave you beautiful people with this excerpt from the excellent Metallica song, Bleeding Me:

I'm digging my way
I'm digging my way to something
I'm digging my way to something better
I'm pushing to stay
I'm pushing to stay with something
I'm pushing to stay with something better
...with something better...

Once again, I wish you all a very, very awesome weekend. Be happy, always.

* = By golly, she’s molten lava hot.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: To all my Muslim friends, Selamat Hari Raya. May you have a great one.

4 comments:

Lia said...

Sorry to hear things haven't been great. I think it's amazing that you can turn it into fuel for laughter. Here's to a much better week!

Anonymous said...

It's good to make posts to purge your emotions. The only bad thing is that when you look back and you think, "I don't think you should have written that." But that's what emotions do. When you're caught in them, you're a bit more rash. But I understand how you were having a bad week then. =) And besides, you had many comments in the last post. Shows that people care. D'awwww!! =P

Is that Metallica song that you plugged from their new album? Coz I have been thinking of getting it (!!!!! What? Id getting a Metallica album?! Say what?!). Apparently, they've gotten a bit soft over the years. And that's perfect for delicate (yeah, right..) ol' me. =P

Chris said...

Lia: I let whatever anger boil because I know that it will screw my mind if I don't. Like you mentioned, I'd rather laugh it off. Hope your week has been good, too.

id: Exactly! I always end up thinking, "What in the world was with me back then?" But what's Life without a little spice, eh?

And those Metallica songs aren't from the newest album. I dug them up because I have yet to get myself a copy. But, yeah, you getting a Metallica album? Wow, it's like getting a Lifehouse album! :P

Angie Tan said...

Ahhh.. The days when metal and grunge rock were considered cool music.

I'm an old fart... Thinking back to two of my favourite songs from Metallica makes me smile. Remember the days when these songs were played over the alternative radio stations when Fly Guy ruled the waves.

Now, the music is more pop than rock... and tends to repeat, repeat and repeat.

It's good to write to let go of your temper. For me, I'll turn that anger into fuel for the gym!!

Hmmm.. Wonder if I should find the old Nirvana CDs and bring it to work...

Enjoy the weekend! I dread coming into work on Monday... eep!