Friday 19 September 2008

Everybody Hates Chris. I'm being overly dramatic, by the way...

What an absolutely horrible week it has been. Let me correct that:

It’s been an absolutely fucked up week.

Both my personal and work life was in turmoil. Even my country, the US of A and the world were experiencing a bad week. Heck, even my tummy joined in the action! Urm…

When I crack jokes, or when I’m basically acting myself, people tend to forget that I actually have a serious side. They assume that I’m this jolly, happy-go-fucking-lucky guy and that I would kowtow to their whims when they find it appropriate to their needs. Well, boo-fuck-de-doo, I can be an outright bastard when pushed too far. They take it for granted that I’m a fairly nice guy and I’ll hold the door for you, but if you treat me like dirt, then that door would probably come slamming onto your face. Oops, I didn’t know you were behind me.

It’s as though all the females that I know have experienced some sort of dilemma/crisis this week. My big sis has been clocking 16-hour workdays and it’s about to take its toll on her. I know my colleagues have been swamped with work (Hello! What la your boss…tsk, tsk) of which it’s about to get worse because of the impending holidays. My ex, a wonderful girl whom I still keep in contact with—contrary to what many thought wasn’t possible—has some issues of her own*. I was also not spared from online unpleasantness, as I was on the receiving end of a highly unfortunate conversation that took place with a dear friend**.

But to sum up my week: it’s like thinking that you have a shot with the girl of your dreams. You think, if we get together, we’ll make a great couple. So you formulate your next move, the move that will change your life and hers. Your heart skips two beats whenever you think about her. It’s that beautiful face and that beautiful soul of hers that makes you think it’s all worth while. Guess I’ll make my move, but…then, you see her walking towards you. With her boyfriend. It’s like having a sword cut right through your heart, but you don’t die.

You just end up suffering.

This week, I’ve been angry, disappointed, and happy; all at the same time, for five days straight. I so can’t wait for next week and see what “joy” it’ll bring.

Till then, have a great weekend, people. You deserve it.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: Thank you, J, for being the sponge of my idiotic emoness. Thanks for replying all my silly messages on MSN. I greatly appreciate your views. Fill—thanks, man, for listening to me. I guess we’re even now. :)

* = (Hey there, gorgeous, I’m always ready to listen ;-))
** = I know how you feel. I really, really do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I was any of the mentioned, and whether or not I am, I just wanted to say that if I came off as short or irritable today on MSN, I apologise. I'm just dealing with a lot of career-based uncertainties right now, and am running on a clock that is my blasted student card. I also have a tendency to blow my stress out of proportion. If I had a pet elephant, it would be named Stress, just because it's appropriate.

If, however, none of the abovementioned were me, then I probably just brought attention to myself. =P

I hope that you feel much better starting this weekend. =) You are indeed a nice guy, and you deserve a much-needed break from all this grief.

Anonymous said...

np chris. anytime =)

rgds,

-J- (lol)

Chris said...

id: You know what, if that happened to me like a few years ago, I would've blown my top. Seriously. But with age, comes wisdom. And with wisdom, comes stress. Hahah! Okies, that didn't make much sense...but, anyhow, yeah. It's all good, my dear friend. No hard feelings on my side as I can relate to your predicament (or should I say, former predicament? :)).

So, yeah, thanks for the wish. And, yes, I did have a good weekend. Just wished it was great, though...

PS: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :-)

anonymous: J! Hope that everything is good on your side as well.

Lia said...

So, here's to a week full of joy, happiness, and light.

Yeah, I thought it was at least worth saying.

But we can switch - I had a reasonably okay last week, but this week is looking to be a bear.

Chris said...

Lia: Actually, it's been a week of sorrow, lugubriousness, and darkness. (Damn, I should lay off the Drama Crack Pipe.)

Really glad you had an okay week last week as opposed to a not okay one.

By the by, what does "but this week is looking to be a bear"? Do you mean Winnie the Pooh?

Angie Tan said...

Gosh...

The bad aura around the office is just making its way around everyone!

I'm just about to post something negative and trying to find a shinning light from it.

Anyway, hope you don't feel too down. We all have our days when life gets too serious. I'm just waiting for the hols so that I can go gym longer and destress more.

I should probably send you some video of some Tamil movie effects. ;-)