Sunday 5 October 2008

Thankfully, I'm not worth $700billion

Wow.

Another week has come and gone so fast, it felt like a personal typhoon blew my mind and left debris of unknown origin on my conscious to clean up. With a tiny spoon.

Just only last Monday, I thought to myself, "I'm gonna kill myself by the end of the week."

I nearly did.

I've just realised that I haven't taken a holiday in nearly a year. The whole week that I was ill last month does not count, by the way. That was suffering. Anyhow, yeah, no holiday whatsoever in the last 10 months or so. I would love to go somewhere, anywhere, even if it were just for a week. I need to clear my mind, not think of the life I lead back home and just live. Get what I mean? I just want to be me.

Chris.

I feel as though I'm going to wind up some lowly-paid, under appreciated, miserable person who goes to work wishing for the time to pass by quick so that he can catch the Sports news on the telly. That would be just too depressing and not to mention a killer on the love-life.

Oh, oh! The first of October marked the anniversary of my one-year of my current employment. Yes, I have not left the company. Yet. So, yays for me!

Have a productive week ahead, y'all. I hope mine will be as well.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: Holy smokes! Song Hye Kyo is absolutely beautiful and she was great in My Girl and I. Yes, I actually watched a lovey-dovey out of my own volition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard from others who have been working for years exactly what you said. That you have a tendency to lose yourself, or at least the potential to do so is very great. I haven't worked long enough to feel what you are feeling, but I am scared of when or if that might happen. I guess even though we do not have the liberty to throw everything up and go on holiday when we wish, we still (sort of) have weekends.

I hope you had a peaceful weekend, Chris.

Anonymous said...

Wow, apparently, I can't even spell my own pseudonym. =P

Angie Tan said...

I've not taken a holiday abroad in 4 years... I think. Last time I went overseas for a break was to Sydney in 2003.

Anyway, am looking forward to May next year when I go back to Aust for some R&R with my mates there!!

Take a short break... The 27th is a good opportunity to clear some leave...

Chris said...

id: No rest for the wicked, as they say. Had a really hectic 2 weeks and I can start to feel that the body is about to give up. Just. Hope you had a great weekend yourself.

Angie: Funnily enough, I'm actually quite all right to work on that day. And that's a nice a trip you have lined up.

I have none. :-(

See ya at work!