Saturday 16 August 2008

I'm the human version of Wall-E. Really!

I absolutely adore this cartoon/animation/animated feature/movie.

It has been a long, long time since I came out from the theater feeling utterly impressed with a movie. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just a lil. The Dark Knight left me feeling wholly satisfied but not in that feel-good way that Wall-E brought to me. Heath Ledger, you were absolutely amazing and may you Rest In Peace.

The things the little blighther did for EVE (his love interest) reminded me of me when I've fallen head over heels over someone. The sheer determination to win her heart, or in this case, her CPU (WTF?), actually made me chuckle and laugh out loud. And as many of you know, I take my movie-watching very seriously of almost to the point of not expressing anything either than total concentration and maybe a slight smile.

The people behind the movie deserve a big round of applause because they made a robot feel like one of us. In some ways, it took a robot to make realise that you only live life once. I won't go into detail as I want you to watch this because it thoroughly deserves the praise.

As for me, I'm going to make my mind up. Wish me luck, people!

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: It was great watching with you lovely people! You know who you are. ;-)

No comments: