Sunday 24 August 2008

Burnouts shouldn’t feel this good. Screw that, it friggin' sucks!

I tried to write something profound but my back’s hurting and I’m hungry. So here’s my week in point form:

  1. Been feeling awfully tired and sore lately. So much so I’ve been napping every time I get back home (thank goodness for the early shift). Not good, considering I’m supposed to be this strong and fit dude. Damn.
  2. Ah, work…what more can I say? I’ve pretty much settled into a routine that is starting to drain me, mentally most especially. It’s time to reassess the situation.
  3. I think may have pulled a muscle in my lower back: squatting or bending down to be a rather painful task. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt pain in my lower back and I really don’t want a repeat performance. It ain’t nice at all to be on the bed whilst being in a lot pain. Ugh.
  4. Laptop’s now pretty much screwed up. There’s a virus that is blocking all the more important works i.e. software updates, websites not loading properly, it’s slows down considerably if I run too many applications. Damnit! Thank goodness I’m planning to get a new desktop next year otherwise I’d be totally pissed.
  5. The Olympics have been a fairly sedated affair, to be perfectly frank. Aside from athletics and the absolutely thunderous Usain Bolt (pun so intended), there wasn’t anything else that caught my attention (except for sports where women were involved *winky* *wink*). “What? You’re not impressed with Michael Phelp’s achievement?” Actually, I’m not at all. It’s just swimming after all. You don’t see badminton players winning the gold medal for the fastest smash, right? I’m more impressed with his diet, though. Chocolate chip pancakes, anyone?
  6. Football is back but I’m not excited. At all. Manchester United fans will know what I’m talking about.

That’s that, I guess. My blog has now morphed one of those What I Did Today kind of blogs. I hate that. I miss taking a topic and giving it my personal spin. But with so many things going in my life, it’s been difficult trying to come up with the appropriate words for my increasingly eccentric thoughts.

I wish you all a very good week ahead. I hope mine will.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: I so need a holiday.

No comments: