Sunday 7 February 2010

When mouth is quicker than mind, you're screwed.

You know that feeling you get when you've said or done something you really meant for 5 seconds but you're now regretting it?

Welcome to regret.

Most of you know that I don't believe in regrets as it makes the mind dwell on unpleasant things when you could be relaxing on the beach with bikini-clad women running up and down the beach. But sometimes I wished I never did or I should've done things in a different way. It's happened to me many a time and it will happen again.

Human behaviour is such that we cannot never fathom the true feelings of someone even if you know the person like the back of your pretty hand. It's just not possible, the most is 99% accuracy because that remaining 1% can either make it or break it.
The mind is wondrous thing, a truly mysterious and magnificent thing. But when your mouth is quicker than your mind can process thoughts, you're screwed.

This is Chris, signing off.

P.S: This post was written in one of my foul moods quite awhile ago. The event that triggered this is long forgotten. 

P.P.S: Never bottoms-up 5 glasses of red wine. Just don't.

4 comments:

Waffle-Girl said...

woi.... bottoms up 1 glass only la...

Maria Celina said...

Sorry to hear about that. I feel like hitting myself on the head when I commit a verbal faux pas. I hope that the feeling of regret tapers off soon and that whatever happened in the context of your regret gets fixed.

Your Uncle Faka said...

dude, i did a calculation, and it is at 97.342% accuracy....

Lia said...

Hear, hear. But sometimes it's still good to do something you regret.