Sunday 21 February 2010

I love you means nothing.

It's as though the Brits are competing with the Yanks. But this time, I think the Yanks win this. Well, one Yank, anyway. 

We all know what Tiger Woods did. Only a person stuck in a very spacious and cozy cave would not know. And if you're a football fan, you'd also know the infidelities of at least two footballers. What they did is utterly shameful and further demonstrates the immoralities of people who have it all. Their arrogance led them to believe that their secret liaisons and hush-hush affairs would not go unnoticed let alone condemned when found out. But do they deserve to be publicly humiliated and flogged in the open by the media and every gossip-hungry auntie with a bad perm? No. I don't think they do. They do, however, deserve to be humiliated and flogged (metaphorically, naturally) by their family and friends but most especially by their partners (in the above cases, wives).

Hypocrisy go together in this sordid tale. These illustrious public figures have been fettered with various non-sporting awards to go with their chosen fields and some of it must surely draw at least reddened cheeks upon those who bestowed them in the first place. Awards such as, Best Dad and whatnot, have been given to these supposedly good dads when maybe just minutes before they got the award they'd have a quickie in the store room. These men would then go up on stage and put on the biggest and most insincere smile on the planet and proudly admitting that, yeah, I'm a great dad. How did they do it with nary a hint of remorse? Maybe they bit their lip but that could be just a sign of too much lip balm. 

Would I forgive if my future wife did it to me? The answer is a resounding no. Though, that's what is most likely to happen but I will only know if and when it ever happens to me, which, I hope it never does. Some people would say turn the other cheek, do what Jesus would do. To them, I'll say, I am not Jesus. And slap their cheeks*.

"I love you" never meant a thing if you've never felt it.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: I finally watched Tiger Woods' televised apology. By jove, it was one of the most robotic, unconvincing and rehearsed act I've ever seen. 

* - Gently, of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could slap butt cheeks!

Maria Celina said...

I didn't bother watching Tiger's aplogy for the reason that it's not the public's place to know what he did. The fact that he's making it so public has virtually made him erase the previous reputation as the "cool young cat" of golf, because he can't keep his own tiger in his pants. From what I read, his wife wasn't present at the speech, which wsa a really intelligent gesture on her part, because it was as though she wasn't gonna put up with the shit the media will put on her. Woman's brill. Tiger's so screwed. Then again screwing is why Tiger's screwed in the first place. Haha, I so punny.

And I can go for hours about infidelities within football.

By slapping their cheeks gently, you mean a la Catholic confirmation style, yes?

Chris said...

Bill: Ya. And get charged with sexual harASSment. Get it?

Maria: I saw it on E! when I was flipping channels. I knew I should've stuck with the Asian Food Channel.

Slapping gently in the way one slaps a cute dog. Urm, gently.