Friday 1 January 2010

And in another 10 years I'll be 36. Whoopee!

Happy 2010!

Raise your hand if you thought the celebrations were a little on the quiet side. In fact, some of it was quite a drab. Funny isn't it? I would have thought that since this is a new decade people would go apeshit and usher it with much aplomb and plenty of excitement.

I didn't feel shit.

I guess people were a) too damn drunk from Christmas, b) saving up money for a new sofa set, c) not fucking bothered at all. I am in none of the above. I ushered in 2010 by helping to sell bowls of Nyonya Laksa (the picture will make you want a bowl right this instant, I guarantee it) and being with the family. It was great, mom was very happy and so was I. Next year, though, I'm thinking of something else...

So far, it's been a quiet start to the year. After all, my year will only start on the 4th of January, the day I begin my new route on my journey to become filthy rich. The days prior to it I will be helping out with the household chores and catching up on my reading.

Since you people are most interested in my resolutions, I won't make the wait any more painful that it is, so, take this!
  1. Make 2010 better than 2009.
  2. Save money so that I can have more vacations.
  3. Drive at 80-90 km/h as it'll save petrol == save money. So I can have more vacations.
  4. Go up in rank. Or, at the very least, get a pay raise (I prefer pay raise, though, because I want to have more vacations).
  5. Attend another concert, preferably here and not in Singapore.
  6. Be kinder to children. But if they insist on being asinine even when I've given them ample warning, I will throw them a beat down.
  7. Be kinder to old people. However, if they act like righteous SOBs then a can of whoop ass will and truly be unleashed upon their sorry arses. (Bill, you're one of them oldies but will I be kinder? Lets see how it goes...)
  8. Learn to do my workouts in 45-minutes bursts, with little to no rest in between sets so that I can be in and out of the gym in a jiffy.
  9. Spend less on unnecessary things i.e. junk food, fast food, etc. (Take that Akka, Bill and RM!)
  10. Get a smartphone so that I can do all that touchscreen thingamajig.
There you have it! It was only five resolutions at first but I'm being generous so I came up with another five. It's just finished raining and you know what this means: D

Damn nice to sleep now!

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: There's an 11th resolution but it's dedicated to one special girl in my life. She knows what it is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

spend less on fast food? not totally avoid it? okayy...we can live with that...yey!

i think the 11th resolution is the most important one...can it be on the top of your list? hehe :P

MK,
RM

Waffle-Girl said...

resolution no. 9.... aren't you NOT spending on it even now...?

Waffle-Girl said...

ohhh.. and why the hell is your page PINK...?? is that also dedicated to the person in resolution 11??

Syar said...

I wrote down like 35 "resolutions". I feel like they're gonna end up as "35 things I didn't do in 2010", haha. I'm not taking them too seriously, but we have a few in common. Some gym stuff, saving money stuff, and fast food stuff. Good luck to the both of us for the coming year!

Waffle-Girl said...

you didn't say why PINK??