Saturday 24 October 2009

Where the wild things are not...

First off, I apologise for the lack of an update the week before. I was very occupied with work,* what with my seniors going off on holiday and me running the show like a partially beheaded chicken. Also, my Internet connection was severely hampered by the supposed ineptitude of my service provider but the real truth was that my contractor accidentally incapacitated my connection due to a mix up of the wires.

It's been 2 years since I stepped into the my current employer's doors. If you know my working history, I never lasted more than a month at one place so after 3 months here I thought, this is it, I'm going to retire here.

How awesomely mad could I be back then?

There comes a time when you know you're not getting any satisfaction when you wake up thinking, fuck, I hate this shit. I know the feeling very well; I've been waking up with this feeling over a year now. Back when I first had it, it was very bad. I had immense hatred burning inside me just by launching Outlook. Reading emails proved torturous as every email seemed intended to push me even further away with impossible requests. Though, the last couple of months have seen a significant drop in me bitching about how crappy my job is thanks to a certain girl in my life. Without her, I think I would've committed mass murder, on rabbits no less. (You know who you are and I thank you for giving me a renewed passion to be a better person.)

Of course, no one goes to a single company and works there for the rest of their career? Not in this generation, anyway. It would be great if the company you joined provides you with every thing from job satisfaction to a nice life but if one of those is suffering then you need to regroup your senses and think properly: Is this really worth it?

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: We're going to crush you, Liverpool! Mark my words! Glory, Glory Man United!

* = Honestly, I wanted to use busy but using that word would imply that I had no time to take long lunches, frequent tea (I don't drink coffee while I'm at work) breaks and walking about the office, disturbing other people. I did all those. And more. But, seriously, I was busy.

5 comments:

Maria Celina said...

This entry contains a section of heavily-laden sap.. I love it. It's bringing out the softie in you, Chris. =)

I am still in the beginning stages of a job that I think I could FINALLY say that I enjoy, so reading your entries related to work gives me insight into the points of views of others, into other industries, or even of other people with very similar circumstances. Still, the best thing is really to do things one day at a time and see where it takes you. Nothing wrong with living in the present every now and then; it's necessary sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Crush Liverpool? How about getting crushed back?

Typical arrogant and over-confident MANure fan. Your words have been marked.

HA HA

p/s: I'm not even a liverpool fan if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

glory glory man uni..... oh wait... liverpool won!!! 2-0!!! yay!!!!

ps - that other anonymous is not this anonymous....

Anonymous said...

i'm guessing the last anonymous is billy....

Chris said...

Maria: Cheers! And congrats on having a job where you're beginning to enjoy. ;-)

Anonymous 1: Hmm...I have no idea who you are but here's a big raspberry for you: BLUEK!!!

Anonymous 2: Shut up, Bill.

Anonymous 3: Hi, Akka. :-)