Saturday 10 October 2009

I want to be the President of the United States when I grow up.

Because, seriously, after 9 months, I'm bound to get something, right? It could be an MTV award (what the heck for, anyway?), maybe I'll get a hamper consisting of healthy stuff like organic manuka honey with placenta (WTF???) and various herbs with names only people of tribal ancestry are able to enunciate it perfectly.

Or I'll could be awarded the Nobel Peace prize.

Seriously, Obama winning the Nobel Peace is like giving me the keys to the Playboy mansion. Wait, scrap that. In all honesty, when I saw the news I just went, "Heh?" and continued checking out Facebook.

C'mon, we all know he's good but is he that good? We fete him as though he was some sort of the second coming of Christ. But he still has a long way to go before any of us can call him anything but a visionary.

Alfred Nobel must be turning in his grave right now.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: Then what about people who are really doing something about world peace? I can't name names but Obama is certainly no where in the top 100.

6 comments:

Angie Tan said...

LOL!!!

I think they gave him an award not for what he did but what he potentially can do? ;-)

Alvin said...

he gave everyone hope by saying what he said during the presidential election.

but

he has yet to fulfill any of those.
it's a DREAM still. and yes, there are other people more worthy of the award.

guess ppl jz wan to be on good terms wf him?

Anonymous said...

y dun u send deepavali wishes to your buddies instead of worrying about obama?

Anonymous said...

and obama will not ask for money back if he bought me lunch!!

Chris said...

Angie and Alvin: It just reeks of publicity. It's like giving me a huge pay packet because I have the potential. But will that potential materialise?

Only time will tell.

Anonymous: Grow a pair!

Maria Celina said...

Even as an Obama supporter, I was all, "Really?!" when I heard about the news of his Nobel Prize. In fact, I think Obama would agree with all those who think, "Wait, he didn't really deserve that, did he?" as he didn't expect it either. Then again, I agree with Angie: it is possible that he is getting an award for something that he can potentially do. Perhaps to keep the hope alive, which isn't a bad thing as all of us need it now and then.