Saturday 31 October 2009

Take a look around you. It's an unfair world.

I'll be in Singapore (what, again???) next week, having a much deserved holiday. I say much deserved because the last month has been an absolute mindfuck. I've always maintained that you won't hear a sound from me about a job unless I absolutely and truly despise it. And I do. Very much. I've some made mistakes. A few of time highly embarrassing when found out but I laughed at them and worked on my next task. After complaining the heck out of it, of course. But I don't want to talk about work, especially the things that make me angry.

The trip to Singapore will be a special one as I'll be going with friends and my girl instead of family. And you know what this means. Yes, I don't need to treat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Yayness! Parsimony aside, this trip is going to be one of rest and relaxation. It's going to be a really great trip. I can feel it in my bones.

Sadly, a few children will not even know that Singapore existed. In the papers this past week, schoolchildren from across the country have had their lives taken away abruptly. And a new colleague of mine had his young son passed away.

Makes all your holiday plans seem petty, doesn't it?

May the Big Guy in the Sky watch over them and let them play in the eternal playground of Heaven.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: Happy Halloween to all. May all the ghouls of your fears not come out and bite your toes tonight.

7 comments:

Lisan said...

Enjoy your holiday!

Anonymous said...

hmmm...but you can still treat them during your holiday..no one will stop you :P

Anonymous said...

dun forget the condoms!

Syar said...

I've been so slack with commenting on here, but I've been reading still!

YOU GOT GIRLFRIEND NOW? Wahhhhhh. Congrats! And have a nice holiday. :D

Syar said...

Er, I Facebooked your photos like a stalker.

She's cuteeee! I highly approve!

Maria Celina said...

I miss Singapore, and I haven't been gone for long! I hope that you enjoy your holiday and that you return refreshed and with a renewed inspiration to continue doing what you need to do to, well, be.

Clearly I need to go to bed. Now.

Either way, bon voyage, Chris. Will be awaiting those travel documentations upon your return. =)

Chris said...

Lisan (Sifu): Thanks!

Anonymous: Hmmm, you sound so familiar, hmm....

Anonymous 2: Shut up, Bill!!!

Syar: It's good to know you still read my posts even though it's the quality of the posts and especially the writing has gone down considerably. It makes me glad.

And, yes, I got girlfriend already wor. Luckily not boyfriend wor. LOLs!

PS: You approve? Haha, macam you buat sign-off on the Girlfriend Application form. :P

Maria: Hope you went to bed and that you're now awake. Hmm.

Thanks for the wishes!