Sunday 28 June 2009

The middle is upon us!

Man, 2009 sure has been one thoroughly interesting year, hasn't it? It's the year that I turn the big 2 and 5. 25, to me, is neither old or young. It's a good number. It has a nice ring to it, no?

Actually, it sucks.

There's just not enough time to do everything that I like. Gym time has been severely hit as work is piling up (I'm not a fan of working out on weekends as the second statement shows why). To hang out I will need to check in advance as there's only so much time in a weekend to meet up with friends and family. But being 25 also means more responsibility. In my last post, I mentioned that an old friend of mine is doing well career- and life- wise. Cool, eh? Here I am thinking about the next outing whereas he and other people like him are changing diapers. Work has been up and down. Admittedly, there are more downs than ups. I keep telling myself that in 10 years' time I'll look back at all this and just smile. "I went through all that shit to get to this level so suck it up!" will be mantra that I will tell to all the wide-eyed trainees under me. Maintaining a positive mind is a must in such situations lest I let my anger to take over me. To paraphrase one big green dude said, you won't like it when I'm angry...

My feelings and thoughts have been a real tangled mess the past few months. I can't explain them here for highly personal reasons but to those who know a bit and who've helped me along the way, thank you. I really wanted to write an insightful and long post but I think I've said enough.

I wonder what the second half of the year will bring. I hope it's good stuff*.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: I wish good things upon you, too.

6 comments:

Me said...

Dear whiner,

We cant always get what we want. Bloody fact of life....

Cheers! Make the most of what you've got...

Oh, and dun give up... not yet... hahaha...

Chris said...

Dear Me:

I was emo when I wrote this. I've thought it about and told myself to just suck it up. If there's one thing I'm good at it, it's not giving up. I can be very obstinate without realising.

PS: I will kick you in the nuts when you get back.

Me said...

damn it... how did u figure out it was me?

Waffle Girl said...

Dear Me, we recognise your style of writing. You can't hide :P

And Chris, being 25 is not old.. well, of course you're bloody quarter a century old... but it doesn't suck... its just the beginning.. you have so much more to look for in life... so, quit behaving like an old man and start enjoying life..

Angie Tan said...

It ain't so bad... Trust me... Oh gosh... that number hit me 8 years ago!!!

I was still working at my 1st job and worrying if I would ever be a senior...

Chris said...

Me: Cos I called you? Hahaha.

Waffle Girl: Will do, will do, my good friend. ;-)

Angie: You're more than that now! Kudos and congrats!