Saturday 2 May 2009

WolveDUD

Poor Hugh Jackman. Looks like he has to wait yet again for that one movie to take him way above the top.

Wolverine was a dud.

It lacked emotion. It lacked a sense of urgency. Most of all, it lacked rage beyond rage. The only solid thing of the movie was Jackman's incredible muscularity. That, my friends, is what many of us aspiring gym rats aspire to be. But enough of the man praise. Even with his much improved acting skills, he couldn't bring out the suffering, anger, funny and sadness of the character. It probably has to be said that he had to make do with a patchy script as well as some dodgy directing. Bryan Singer, where are you?

But if you're still going to watch this, don't let my comments detract you from doing so. After all, it's good entertainment IF you don't overanalyse it the way I did. Seeing them adamantium claws slicing through things is a lot of fun!

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: The lack of blood was kind of weird. Damn the PG13 guidelines!

2 comments:

Angie Tan said...

Awww... You didn't like Wolvey Dovey?

I enjoyed the movie but it only fueled my appetite to collect the Origins series comic book.

I won't comment on the acting coz my brain was switched off at that moment.

Yep, you're right. He is super buffed. I went home, caught X-men on Astro and compared him... firstly, Wolverine seemed hairless here but in X-men... quite hairy, no?

Chris said...

Hey Angie:

The chopper scene was cool. C'mon, he pwned that chopper! Awesome stuff there. The scenes with Jackman and Schreiber were pretty good but the rest was just meh. It just went from one scene to another in a very linear way.

I didn't notice his hairiness. Haha. And he was nowhere as built as this one.

I gotta get me them Origins comics!