Monday 5 January 2009

Even 2009 is taking its time to get started...

Seriously, the start of this year has been rather slow, lazy even. It's as if 2009 is waiting for 2010 to take over and be the "Good Year".

It's as if 2009 wants to be the lazy one and is hoping that 2010 will be the bright child. And I'm inclined to follow in its footsteps.

Maybe it's just me. After all, last month was where I was the least productive; I simply did not care for work. I just wanted to get through what little working days I had without any fuss so that I could enjoy the off days. My mind was at ease even when the "big" problems reared its ugly, um, rear.

So now the first month of January is upon me, and quite frankly, I don't really see anything that'll make me go, "WOWS," work-wise most especially. But then again, it's my fault. The economic downturn has really put a damper on many a company's plans, so jumping ship right now with the clothes on my back and with nothing else, is pretty much a giant risk. I guess I should stop procrastinating and update my resumé already.

Here's hoping to a somewhat productive, or at the very least, interesting, week ahead.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: I still need to get me a new pair of trousers. Curse you, Marks and Spencer, I don't wear 40" trousers!

2 comments:

Angie Tan said...

I know.. I'm having a tough time revving up my engine in 2009. Perhaps because my mindset is still stuck in 2008.

Chris said...

Angie: CNY mood is here! Wahahaha!