Friday 17 August 2007

I'm running on empty

As previously mentioned in the last post, there’s the overachiever who asks questions when there’s not even an answer to it. Yesterday, the funny fellow turned to look at me, and with an expression that was a mixture of disbelief and general WTFness, asked me, “How can you be so happy?” I told him, “Coz I took some weed?” He. He. He.


Well, fortunately for him, no. I didn’t say that but now I wish I did. It would’ve just whizzed by him faster than you can say “Dumbarse!” anyway. But I did say this, “There’s no point in being in a state of constant negativity and doubt. It’s unhealthy. And really uncool, too.” Not particularly Zen-inspired but it got my point across. I hope so because he still gave me a WTF look.


I hate to say this, but I’m so busy that I don’t even have the time to do simple things, like baking a cake. Not that I bake cakes to begin with but you get the idea. My body feels like it’s made of clay while my brain is number than a cold pack of sea cucumber. Every day for the past two weeks feels as though I was put into a blender with no Off switch. For some strange reason, I can’t seem to remember what I’ve learned so far. This is bad, as the exam’s only a couple of weeks away and I still have about twenty chapters to go. Woo. Pee.


I can only hope and pray that the next week will be better.


This is Chris, signing off.


PS: Somehow, I’m not that worried. After all, this is only just the beginning. I hope. My brain is benumbed from trying to cram in a fuckload of shit. Pardon my English.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I hate to say this, but I’m so busy that I don’t even have the time to do simple things, like baking a cake."
When I read this and then read the statement after that you were kidding, an unused 'Desperate Housewives' joke went down the pooper. Oh well. =P

I'm crossing my fingers (well, not right now because I won't be able to type) and praying for the success of your course and that you pass your upcoming exam with flying colours.
(I almost wrote 'that you fly your upcoming exam with passing colours'.. did I mention it's 2:12 in the morning here? And I also happen to be lefthanded? =P)

Lia said...

Baking a cake can take some serious time. Even boring ones.

I hope it gets better. You'll ace that exam.

Chris said...

Marz: I'm a desperate houseBOY, if you're wondering. ;)

Happy Belated Lefthanded-People's Day!

Lia: I know I'll ace the exam. It's just that the resident idiot keeps sighing and says that we're all gonna fail.

I want to punch him.

With a cake.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Oh, you're baked alright, my friend! And what does Cake have to do with it? They're going the distance to find a girl in a short skirt and long jacket but she's never there.

Chris said...

Lady Elastic: Cake bore me. Yes, you heard me right.