Monday 14 November 2011

It's been a while, no?

Wow, time has passed real quick. For one, I no longer am the emo bugger that used to well-up at the mere mention of "Family", "Malaysia", "Food". (I do well-up if I see my family's picture. Or when I see Malaysian food.) Last post of mine was in July. July! My goodness, I used to get all pissy and agitated if I didn't post something by the week and here I am, posting something 4 months later.

But, better late than never, right?

The reasons why I haven't been blogging:
  • Work - Ever since I started work in Singapore, my once mundane work life is no more. 
  • Gym - Lifting weights + After working hours + Late dinners = Massive mushy brain. 
  • My English is crap - One of my favourite things in the world is to read. Sadly, and painfully to admit, reading has taken a back seat. A back seat all the way back of Chris's Bus of Things to Do. The free time that I had was either taken up by the PS3 or watching Arrested Development. However, I am happy to say that I am picking up books again and reading them. Yes, reading! And not just looking at the cover and wishing I was reading them but actual reading! With my eyes! Okay, enough of the abuse of !. Seriously, though, I find that my having not reading has deteriorated my English. When I read, I would check the grammar, the punctuations, and so on. Heck, even on Facebook I cringe whenever I post something as innocuous as a one-liner as it will inconceivably be grammatically wrong. I am happy to announce that I am starting to pick up reading again and it's a joy. Not to mention my grammar has somewhat been saved from the sharks of imbecility. 
I don't know when my next post will be but I hope it won't be four months down the road. I wish everyone well and stay beautiful!

This is Chris, signing off. 

P.S. Yes, I've actually had to dumb-down my English here in Singapore. Can you believe that?

No comments: