Wednesday 5 August 2009

Just because you want it badly doesn't mean you deserve it.

Some people are spoilt rotten.

I am talking about people who want things they cannot get. And these are adults with sensible sensibilities we're talking about here. They desire things they think they want but actually they don't. Desire is confused with actual need.

I am a person who doesn't give in to temptation easily. However, when I do I end up not regretting, but rather, feel a little embarrassed. Take the new pair of working shoes I just bought. They cost me RM250. I already have another pair of shoes that cost just as much. Do I need two of them? I think so. And therein lies the problem: I think I need them. I could've just lived my life with just that initial pair but I chose to purchase the new pair on nothing more than a spur of the moment whim. This here is Desire. (But I have to say that them shoes are pretty friggin' comfortable.)

Or take one of life's most consequential yet potentially most hurtful conundrum: Relationships. It can disappoint you like no other. Be that as it may, it can be the most fulfilling and wondrous thing a person will ever experience.

I wonder how on earth can some people get together with just the snap of the fingers. Did something set off in their unconscious mind that told them, yes, lets get together! Why was it so simple for them and not others? I know one story where one party really and truly liked another with all the might in the world but each time disappointment was met as there was little to no response. (Granted, the pursuer is rather hopeless in the game thus didn't realise that maybe a little more perception would've been beneficiary to the cause, but, lets not dwell on that.) Despite all the setbacks, the person hasn't given up and gets back up each time. Any normal, sane person would've (in fact, should've) given up after the third strike. But not this person. Don't know how to give up, the person said. A veritable never-give-up attitude is strong in this one, doesn't understand the meaning of surrender.

Commendable but still rather myopic, aye?

The question this person has to answer is this: is your heart and mind the same? Are they both in synergy? Guys have a tendency to use their other head to think so getting it right is paramount. Most importantly, do you want the other person because you think you want or do you genuinely, with all your heart, know that all the pain, tears and suffering of the pursuit is all worth it?* These are questions that need to be addressed and answered otherwise there's no point in pursuing in the first place.

Last question: how do you know that the right decision isn't the wrong one? Think about it, people, do we really need what we feel we want?

I know what I need. How about you?

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: Am posting this early as I'll be off on official work-related holiday. Whatever that means. Have a nice weekend, everyone!

* - The answer may surprise a lot of people. Maybe it won't.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

~ Aruba, Jamaica ooh I wanna take ya
To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go
Jamaica
off the Florida Keys
There's a place called Kokomo
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all~

Geev yerself a ferkin breek... yer preek...

Oh boy, a voluptous thingy just walked pass... i want that thing... demit, still cant get it...

ok ok.. of to the stop....

Chris said...

Bill: We'll have a stupendous time in Perhentian. I'm certain of it. Tee hee!

Waffle-Girl said...

Now i'll leave a comment... :)
Boy.... you had an awesome time at Perhentian...! and all's worth it... you see, when you wanted something so badly, and that's not the right thing for you, you got something so much better... and this will be very worth it... hoping for the best for you always... muax...

Anonymous said...

muax from me too...

remember those sleepless nites?

hahahhaha!!

Chris said...

Waffle Girl: :-) Thank you my dear.

Bill: I'm still having those sleepless nites. LOLS!

Lia said...

Work-related holiday = paid vacation, so SCORE! Hope you enjoyed.

And in answer to all your questions - you don't know. You never do. Some people are just better gamblers than others, and some people get luckier than others. You can't live life without ever taking risks, and sometimes you regret your actions. You can really screw things up that way. But once in a while, it turns out exactly right.

Waffle-Girl said...

muax from billy boy...? can i see that in real? please please, pretty please....