Saturday 6 October 2007

Geerow is geerow!

What do you get when you try to cross the road with a hammer?

I have not a single friggin’ clue. But I do know this:

It feels awfully good to earn your own money. Yes, ladies and old folks, I am officially off the jobless list.

In addition, this is the inevitable “first week on the new job” post. I must say, this is probably the best “first week on the job” week I’ve ever had. So far, I have done nothing. And I mean, nothing. And I find it disturbing. It seems that due to the fact that I joined on last minute thing, my IDs to enter the various systems in the office haven’t been set up properly. So I’m stuck surfing and chatting. Only a few times I was shown the work that I would be doing in the coming months. But I think I’ve settled in pretty well, I interact well with my team and others (I hope so).

I really, really wish I could say more but the more I try to come up with something, the less I get. But fret not, for I shall spill all the sordid details as time goes by. So, in the mean time, be happy, people. For there's nothing like being happy in a not-so-happy world.

This is Chris, signing off.


PS: The colleague that sits behind me keeps saying zero as “gee-row,” which is driving me up the wall. It’s ze-ro, gosh darnit!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear the infamous "gee-row" as well around here, and I never really imagined it spelled out until reading your post. That was indeed a laugh!

Just dropping a note to let you know that I won't forget you, online or offline because that would be crazy (cue 'Aww!' here). I've finished the construction of my new blog(s) and it's in the main directory. We have common blogging platforms this time! Haha!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Native Spaniards who sing irritate me the way they use the 'TH' sound in place of a 'Z.' Like CoraTHON instead of Corazon.

Congratulations on the new job, chris! You've never been a gee-row to me, you know, even when jobless.

Syar said...

Yay for non-joblessness. Congrats Chris.

I remember the days of endless Internet, punctuated by looking busy so my editor wouldn't pick me for assignments. Funny how "work" is always pretty much "(trying-not-to)-work".

Jean Knee said...

welcome to the world of mind numbing,,,something or other

Lia said...

A rose is a rose?

Congratulations, Chris! I hope the new job starts getting more interesting, but if it doesn't, realize that they'll pay you anyway, so you should use the time to accomplish something you've always wanted to.

I want to hear what you're supposed to be doing, ie. what they hired you for.

Chris said...

Marz: Aww. :) Blogspot! Though, I wish that Google could acquire Wordpress and combine the two. It'd be one mutha of a blogging platform.

Lady Elastic: Aww, thanks, man. Them Spaniards would say zero as tho-ro. then, eh?

Syar: Exactly! I've been trying to act "busy" but all I'm doing is chatting and Youtube-ing. And being paid for it is all the sweeter!

Jean Knee: I got flu on my second day. Mind numbing will come soon.

Lia: Quitting is not really option since:

a) I think I'm bonded to the company for 2 years and
b) This is something I'm very happy to be doing.

Watch out for the next post where I spill everything!