Wednesday 19 October 2005

Sitting on the throne of thought...

Everyone does it. Some take little to no time at all, while others do it for such a long time you'd think they're planning some scheme to take over the world. Some call it 'Go To Do Business', 'Post Office', 'Pusat Melabur', and my three favourites of all time; 'I Go Bomb', 'Laying waste to (insert random country)' and of course, 'Taking a dump'. I do mine when I get up every morning. What am I talking about, you may wonder? That's the TOILET for all you conundrum hatin' people.

And now before any of you yell in repugnance, "Disgusting la you Chris!", this here entry isn't about how one goes about doing his/her lavatory escapades, it's whether or not you're a Thinker or a Reader. I fall naturally under the former mainly because when my stomach REALLY aches, the last thing I want to do is grab the newspaper. Without fail my mind will proceed to wander; sometimes I think about things that had happened the day before, recounting tales of how I managed to stuff myself silly eating mixed rice or how my hot lecturer pronounces words wrongly yet says them with such confidence it almost sounds right.

Sometimes I look forward to my sojourn to the lavatory, it'll give me that time to finally sit down (I can't really um, do it, standing up yes?) and think, think of things I wish I want, need, love and hate and all in between. Some of my most brilliant ideas pop out (literally too...) when I'm in there.

So the next time when you're out of ideas, go ahead, try sitting on the throne of thought. You'll be amazed by the things you'll come up with. And 'come out' with as well.

Chris signing off...

PS: Funnily enough, I didn't get the idea to write this while I was going about doing my 'business'.

4 comments:

Syar said...

gross, first of all.

second of all, I'm a thinker and an occasional reader.

all your euphimisms for shitting are still disgusting, and somewhat funny in a cheesy way. so you know.

"Some of my most brilliant ideas pop out (literally too...) when I'm in there."

That sentence is so you, chris.

Chris said...

Syar: All i can say is, thanks a bunch. I've to go now, i've run out of ideas... :D

Mawar said...

christopher chiam wei jin, you are DISGUSTING.

i DO NOT want to picture you pooping. sadly i did though. and very vividly too.

i dont do either when im in the toilet, come to think of it. i dont think, and i definitely dont read, i just get it over and done with asap and get out.

what does that make me, then?

Chris said...

Mawar: You made my day man. For you to type my full name must've taken some immense concentration after what you did with your poor mind.

And i'd call you, Go in and Get Out kinda toilet goer.