Tuesday 11 January 2011

Death Penalty - It's the right thing to use.

I am, by all accounts, a misanthrope.

Going to work at 0600, I curse at all the silly drivers. I get into the train I curse at all the idiots who make a mad dash thinking their little spring will propel them into the coach but instead end up getting crush in between the doors.Whenever I see idiocy I call it out. People would say, why do you care? The truth is:

I don't.

So why do I still make a fuss? It's something inbred in me. Can't change, but I want to. Sometimes I wish physical pain be inflicted on the imbeciles who cross my path. Is it a good trait? Of course not. However, as part of an ongoing mission to be a better human being I now count to 1 (tried going up to 3 but I lost patience), take a deep breath and sigh. Walking away is the prefered choice these days. I am giving my all to be a better person, hoping to eradicate the bad attributes that attached themselves onto my psyche. But there's one that will probably stay with me infinitely.

I support the death penalty.

Raping of minors/elderly. Mass murder. These two, two me, are the unpardonable sins of humankind. What reason could the perpetrators give that would exonerate them? None. Why should these monsters be put in a cell, wasting taxpayer's money and space, when a needle will settle the score? Killing is wrong according to this here site. They have some salient points but they're all applicable to cases where there's a lot of circumstantial evidence and where the benefit of doubt can cloud judgement. I am for the death penalty for cases where there is 100% certainty he/she committed the atrocity.

The punishment should fit the crime, so goes the adage. I wholeheartedly concur.

This is Chris, signing off.

P.S. Further to the post above, I believe you know what I would do to the assailant.

1 comment:

Maria Celina said...

I have trouble supporting the death penalty myself, but it's purely for guilt-enabling reasons. Personally, I think the death penalty does many criminals a favour, because it takes them away from a lifetime of potential guilt and suffering they can endure for their crime. While, yes, that is shouldered by taxpayers (or government, depending on country, methinks), one can put no price to guilt.

(Spoken like a true Catholic, huh? Heh!)