Sunday 11 July 2010

In football, we trust.

The World Cup is about to draw a close.

About fucking time.

Don't get me wrong, I love the World Cup. I love that you can use it as an excuse for a lot of things. Say, you're in a meeting, and you've got English folk in as well, you can break the ice by saying, "Go, England!" (Of course, I didn't get to say that many times, because, well, the English team didn't exactly go far enough for me to say, "Go, England!" more than once.) But it has been an absolute bore. I can only say that some games were very good but none will be remembered as classics. It's a big shame, really. Because it's the first one I've been following quite diligently in spite of its general insipidness and fanfare akin to a Malaysian concert where the people sit down and clap vigorously because if you were stand up a fat guard will tell you to sit back down.

I'm sure as hell going to miss it. But not much. EPL starts soon!

Go, Dutch, Go!

This is Chris Van Chiam, signing off.

PS: Congrats to the German team!

2 comments:

Maria Celina said...

I know I'm still playing the "bad card" for this final match, but you make a really REALLY good point about the upcoming EPL. Thank God football isn't completely over for the next four years. =)

Mawar said...

chris van chiam?!?! lol. cute.