Saturday 3 April 2010

What? It's April already?

As I was stuck in yet another traffic snarl, my mind wandered to things. Good things. This weekend will be awesome, chiefly, because my family and I will be celebrating my aunt's birthday, something we've not done in aeons. My next thought veered to the trip I have to another continent in October (massive yeah!) with my woman. Profanities are let loose as a moronic driver suddenly cuts in front of me. I start thinking of all the birthday celebrations, weddings, and whatnot, I'll be able to attend to since I've decided to tone down my parsimonious ways. My sister tells me she'll have busy times as well right to the end of the month. Then, it hit me.

It's already April.

As I recalled the last three months, I must say, it has been rather lacklustre. There have been ups and downs, though, thus far, the downs win. Yet again I am unable to say with a straight face that I am happy with my current position. What began with a whirlwind 250km/h ride is now an insipid 1km/h walk. What the hell happened? I wish I knew. The promises of endless work fizzled and for hours on end I was left to my own devices. To keep my sanity intact, I had to train myself lest I forget what I've learned. They say, no rest for the wicked, but this wicked has been rested for too long.

But enough of the ennui and vagaries of work, let's move on! To where, though? Besides the aforementioned trip in October, I have nothing in the works. There isn't any plan of a plan. Can you believe it? Me, Mr Planner, has nothing up his sleeveless shirt? Well, from now on, it's carpe diem. Ad-hoc Man is here.

What the hell am I rambling about?

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: Rooney, come back quick!

2 comments:

Maria Celina said...

Ooh! What continent will this be? Or is it a top secret that's guarded by wolves and snakes?

By the way, I am amused at how much you segue in this post. I'm just glad that you didn't type this all out WHILE you were driving and encountered the moronic driver.. or did you? =P

(Oh, and the captcha/word verification that I have for this comment is: "adabiork". I almost wanted to say "Tidak ada/tak ada Biork/Bjork." to my screen, but I think I've enough midnight lunacy for this weekend.)

Chris said...

Maria: It's guarded by kangaroos and wallabies. And a platypus on 'roids. Serious! :P

LOL about the segue and driving bit.

Man, Bjork just twists me the wrong way. But better her than Lady Gaga. Seriously, that woman needs psychiatric help, STAT!