Saturday 20 December 2008

Dear Santa, I've been a good boy. So where's my new job?

Wazzzzzzzzzzzup, me peeps!

Oright, oright. I've just downed some pretty unsavoury tasting organic oats, all of which were done in the effort of being healthier, so pardon my rather uncharacteristic opening line.

Hate to say this, but time sure does fly,eh? Especially when the last 3 months or so have been the most interesting out of the entire year. Good and bad happened, along with the really bad so it's only natural that I look back at it all and think to myself, how the hell did I survive all that shit? Seriously, how did I end up writing this when not long ago I had murder bloody murder coursing through my veins?

I exaggerate, but you get my drift, yes? Work's been going down the crapper ever since people started becoming more and more greedy, selfish and downright lazy. And that's just the people I don't have any direct work with. They'll get what they deserve, that's for sure. Cupid's been shooting his arrows at everyone around me except, of course, me. The git. Life, in general, has been like the months when the stock market went cuckoo; lots of downs but there were a few bailouts in between. However, I'm hoping and having my fingers crossed long enough before osteoporosis sets in, that 2009 won't be as bleak like how the world's economy and wellbeing is when the new year arrives.

But let's get into something more salubrious, for instance, my 2008 resolution list!
  1. To be a better person.
  2. Enjoy life with family and friends.
  3. Work hard and play harder.
  4. Save the planet. One plastic bottle at a time.
  5. See Dream Theater in concert.
Comments:
  1. Still a work in progress.
  2. Still a work in progress. Haha!
  3. Still a work in progress. Hahaha!
  4. Still a work in progress. Hahahaha!
  5. Done! Saw one of my favourite bands live in concert on the 17th of January this year. It was one of the best days of my life, EVER.
In all seriousness, this year has been absolutely topsy turvy. If you've kept up with the recent posts, you'd know what I mean exactly. I can honestly say that I've grown up a lot this year. I'm still the bumbling buffoon but with one big difference:

I look cool. Oh, so damn cool. Tee hee!

Anyways, since 2009 isn't that too far off, (mmm, Christmas chicken, mmm...) I might as well come up with my resolution list. Here goes:
  1. Get a better job.
  2. Be a much better person.
  3. See another band in concert. Preferably here. Singapore is expensive.
  4. Go on holiday.
  5. Get back to playing guitar.
  6. Improving my (still rather rubbish) Chinese language skills.
  7. Get a better job. Hmm, didn't I mention that already?
I guess that's about it. To everyone, regardless if you celebrate it or not, have a very blessed and Merry Christmas. Don't eat too much turkey, now.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: This is definitely not the last post of 2008, so be sure to check back next week for the last one!

4 comments:

Angie Tan said...

It's a bit early to think about resolutions, right? :P

Anyway, it's a slow journey and you've got some pretty high aspirations to reach for your list. LOL!!

Lia said...

Being a better person is a wonderful goal, because better just means one step higher than you were. Becoming the best person you can be? That's a life's work. Celebrate small victories.

And good luck with the job search.

Chris said...

Angie: You know why I came up with a 2009 resolution list so early?

Cos I'm fantastic. Haha! (You know what I mean...hehe.)

Lia: I'm still far off in terms of decorum (I sneeze into people's faces sometimes, but only if I've taken an immediate dislike to them) and other areas but I do intend to better than I was the day before.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! May all your dreams come true!