Wednesday 12 September 2007

Monsters are among us

Crap.

Since I failed my exam not too long ago, I’m in my little room, studying and studying and trying to remember what went wrong. It’s a Saturday and I should be out and about, scouring the scene on the lookout for some fun, right? Nah. I’m too parsimonious and my eyes for night driving are about as good as bat’s in the daytime. The realisation of it is that I now know the difference between a function and a decision operation. It’s Greek to you but it’s practically the language of love to me. But whenever I think that I’ve had a crummy and craptastic day, nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to the anguish suffered by families whose wonderful lives have suddenly taken a turn for the absolute worst.

A beautiful, young girl was “kidnapped” (no one knows for sure) in Portugal while her parents when out to get dinner but a few hundred feet away from their holiday apartment. One might think, how can parents leave their children—especially young ones—just to get dinner? Everyone knows it’s a hassle but isn’t safety more important? I reserve judgement, for as they say, innocent until proven guilty.

Not far away, a young boy, who after playing a game of football, was on his way home when he was fatally shot by a bicycle-riding youth. He was an eleven-year-old who, like me, a big football fan. The only difference is that he won’t get to see any more matches. Some sick bastard decided to end his life. Because of what? What sane reason could the killer give? What the hell is going when kids can just get on a bike and point blank shoot someone?

In the local front, on the front page was the simple headline “Girl Killed”. A day later in the same paper, it was reported that the girl’s mother and her boyfriend were remanded. They were under suspicion of murdering the child. Her own mother. The case was hot news but now the girl is just a distant memory. And since the Chinese are absolutely bonkers when it comes to superstition and all that feng shui shit, they said to themselves, “Let go to the bet bet store!” This is human behaviour at its most despicable and I hope the punters suffer some form of malignant fungal growth on their genitals for their seemingly lack of respect and compassion.

What the hell is the world coming to? Guns can be purchased from a back alley and now the customers are kids. Children killing other children are sick and depraved. I don’t care if there’s such thing as “effective rehabilitation” or something to that effect, once you’ve committed an atrocity against a human being, (or animals, even) you deserve to be punished accordingly. It’s the same with paedophiles and rapists, you may be able to wash away their stains but you can never cleanse their damned soul.

Some people deserve to live and others don’t.

This is Chris, signing off.

PS: My heart goes out to all those who have tragically lost a loved one. May they find eternal peace, wherever they are.

6 comments:

Lia said...

You're right, all those things are horrible.

Yet one more reason I'm glad I'm not G-d. You think you have a hard job?

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Ooooh, you used the word 'parsimonious.' Fancy.

Jean Knee said...

and even if they are caught, if they have enough money they buy their way free just like that asswipe OJ Simpson

Syar said...

The Madeleine McCann case is all they talk about here. It's really sad what happened. I still see the posters up, asking people to help find her. Tsk, tsk.

Chris said...

Lia: Urm. What's G-d? *scratches head and butt*

Lady Elastic: Believe me, if I try to impress someone by calling myself a fancy synonym for "stingy," they'll cock their head sideways and look at me funnily. I would.

Jean Knee: OJ's a waste of space and quite frankly he should just go somewhere, anywhere, where people don't know who the hell he is.

Syar: One can only hope she is found soon, alive and well.

Anonymous said...

Christo! It's impolite to scratch your butt when women are around..
-- ah, who am I kidding? I think I am immune to it. The guys in hawker centres have pretty much desensitised me. (I hope you weren't eating when you read this. =P)

Those articles are really sad, and I cannot imagine who would lack a conscience and destroy a family. I have been keeping tabs on the Maddie case, though, and I don't know what to think of it now. It's just too sad that families are destroyed like this.

As for you saying that: "Some people deserve to live and others don’t." Personally, I don't think it's for me to fathom or judge, even if the person behind crimes seem to be without a heart.