Friday 17 February 2006

Ah, Valentine’s Day. What more can I say?*

* = Quite a lot actually.

So how did last February 14th go for you? I hope it went well. Mine certainly did. I managed to sell off some of my CDs and I had a great dinner with my family. So what’s so great? The fact that it had no meaning to me whatsoever either than me spending it with my family. I had no date. I’m still single and so loving it. Whee!

All right, I’m going to be all slightly Scroogy but I’ll tell you this, Valentine’s Day is just another day of my life. I didn’t shit heart shaped turds. I wasn’t serenaded by a fat, moustached and violin wielding Italian while I ate my chicken chop for lunch. I didn’t get any mysterious calls or smses from equally mysterious strangers. The last time I ever had Valentine’s as a day to remember and to a certain extent, a reason for celebrating it, was with this girl who I couldn’t see often let alone go on dates with. But I remember it being special because someone actually liked me enough and decided that, well, loving this bloke was worth it.

To me Valentine’s is the day where couples celebrate their love for each other on a more visible and grandeur way. For the singletons, it’s just another day. It’s gone completely berserk with everyone wanting a piece of the heart shaped money bag. Think about this: your partner will make you pay for not remembering it. How could you? Valentine’s is so commercialized that even Lillian Too (the horribly dyed hair lady and together with her daughter who has equally has horribly dyed hair.) has come up with heart shaped jades the size of small hills to enhance the energy of that special room of your house. Hint of its benefits: wink wink. Ah ha, ah ha.

There’s no way in hell I would spend 300 bucks on roses that will die the next day. I’d rather take that money and invest it in property. Call me anything you want, but I’ll call myself pragmatic.

And as cliché as it sounds, to me, every day is a cause to celebrate my love for my partner and I don’t need no one to remind me.

It’s also much cheaper to do so. He he.

Chris is signing off, for now…

PS: CSI is back! Yay! And Lost is coming soon too! Whee! (Completely unrelated but what the heck, it’s my blog. :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

valentines day was fun fun fun but i shan't elaborate further because it DID NOT involve a boyfriend, due to the fact that i currently don't have one.

but chris dear, you ARE worth lovin. past experiences, whether sour or not, proved that. it'll come around again someday.

wooohooo i got a cutesy wutesy hush puppy doggie for valentines!!

Syar said...

M, you always have a boy around, no matter what day it is. ;-)

no comment on V-day. yay for CSI and LOST!!!!!!!!! TV is worth watching again